Building on the Orchestra's Reconnect work in care homes and online which focused on people living with dementia, and developing our ongoing partnership with Alzheimer Scotland, we're excited to present three dementia-friendly concerts in 2023.
These performances, designed especially for people living with dementia, their friends and carers, give the flexibility and freedom to relax and make the concert experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
To help create a relaxed environment:
• SCO musicians will introduce the music you will hear in each concert
• Doors open 45 minutes before the start – so there is plenty of time to get settled in
• Wheelchair spaces and welcoming front of house staff will be on hand
• There will be brighter lighting levels in the auditorium
• There is no need to keep quiet or sit still and you can come in and out of the auditorium during the performance
• Quiet areas will be available if you need to take a break
Tickets: £6 and a carer goes free (Limited capacity)
For bookings, including wheelchair users and companion tickets please contact the SCO directly on 0131 557 6800 or email email@example.com.
Please note, this concert is not part of the Subscription ticket offer but can be added to your booking.