SCO Youth Academy
Bursary and Financial Assistance
There is no audition/application fee for SCO Youth Academy 2020. The course fee of £90 per participant is only applicable after places are confirmed. We do not, however, want cost to be a barrier and can provide bursaries for up to 100% fees and travel expenses.
All applications for financial assistance will be dealt with in strict confidence. Only the financial assistance panel will have access to the information and documents submitted. The information and the documents will be securely destroyed after the decisions have been made by the panel.
Families in receipt of one of the following benefits will be entitled to a free place at the academy.
- Child Tax Credit
- Guardian’s Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Or, where annual household income is less than £26,000 per year
Families who do not receive any of the above benefits but with annual household income of between £26,000 and £35,000 are entitled to 50% reduction of the course fee.
The amount of financial support we can offer towards travel cost depends on the benefit(s) you receive, annual family disposable income, and total number of applications for financial support we receive.
- Applicants who receive one of the benefits listed above or with annual household income less than £26,000 are entitled to up to 100% of travel cost
- Applicants who do not receive any of the benefits but with annual household income between £26,000 and £35,000 are entitled to up to 50% of total travel cost
Please note that we can only offer support for the travel cost for the pupil, not the parent or carer. Families who drive can claim 20 pence per mile towards their travel (e.g. families with a 10 mile journey on car can claim £4 per return journey).
We have limited funds and therefore cannot guarantee full financial support to all applicants. Priority will be given to families facing multiple barriers to participation.
How to apply
- Application is open for families of applicants who are successful at video audition. The audition results are notified on or before 11 September. Visit this page again after this date to find a link to online application form, or email Susan White at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a direct link.
- Take a copy (e.g. scan, photograph) of documentation to prove receipt of one of the benefits or documentation indicating your household income (e.g. P60, March payslip).
- Email the document(s) to Susan White at email@example.com by Friday 25 September.
Please note that applications submitted after the deadline date will not be considered.
What happens next?
We will email you on or before Friday 9 October to confirm whether we can offer you a bursary and/or financial support towards the cost of travel.
If you have any questions or want to discuss the bursary scheme further, please contact Susan White at firstname.lastname@example.org.